Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Amish Friendship Bread

A few days ago, on the 11th actually, my friend gave me this zip lock baggy at church. First off this friend is a nursing mother that just bought a huge deep freeze for all the breast milk she has. So i put my hand out and you can tell on my face that I'm confused and a little troubled. I thought it was breast milk! What can you say to that? Thanks. Thanks is what I said. She started to laugh and explained that it was Amish Friendship Bread and she'll email me the directions later. Goody! I've never done this and was excited to smoosh the bag throughout Pastor's sermon. Well, it takes a total of 10 days to "cook". You just leave it in the baggy and smoosh everyday and on the 10th day. Viola! You bake bread. You add more to it and then scoop out 4 baggies from yours and you can give all of them away or keep 1 for yourself. I will be keeping one since it makes 2 large loafs and 1 is already gone! Monsters I live with. =) It's very good and I encourage you to try.

If you want to try you can google it. There's tons of ways to make it. You do need a "starter bag" since its a special deal... it takes 10 days!

In other news Aubrey's still fussy. Still teething! I didn't get a picture of the actual tooth. Since it's just poking out and she's not real happy with my hands in her mouth with my camera down her throat and all. There is a picture of her from yesterday. Don't let it fool you - she is fussy! She knows to smile at cameras... my goals have been complete. Miss America here we come!

Another momentous occasion was that we finally lowered Aubrey's bed! I wake up in the morning and I see her on her hands & knees, in her crib, rocking back and forth.. then sits up! She hasn't done this before! So, then she sees the top of her crib bars. I'm just starring from my bed trying to figure out if this is a dream. Nope, she pulls right on up and gets to her knees before me, mother of the year that I am, finally gets out of bed to stop this! Needless to say when Grant got home I put him to work lowering her bed down. You might ask why did I wait so long, she is almost 9 months old! Well. You see. I'm 5'4 and  I can hardly reach her in her crib on the top level let alone on the bottom. So if Aubrey chooses to just lay there I will never be able to get her out! We'll see. Speaking of sleeping.. when is it okay for babies to sleep on their tummies? Aubrey is and is okay (i've been at work for 6 hours...) so I think it's okay. She flips herself over. Motherhood worries...

No comments:

Post a Comment