Friday, February 10, 2012

Setting Goals.

At school my teacher told us to write out 5 goals for the year, so being the college student I am - I did it. It went a little something like this:


  1.  Read 3 books that will help me learn something I've wanted/needed to learn about. Can't be fictional (i.e. all 3 Hunger Games books I read can't count). 
  2. Work out twice a week for 3 months.
  3. Make 1 new recipe a week for the rest of the year. 
  4. Make and follow a chore chart.
  5. Create items that can be sold online and have my shop operational by the end of the year.
Okay, so my goals aren't the hardest things to accomplish, but I think this is the right kind of challenging. 

"The goal you set must be challenging. At the same time, it should be realistic and attainable, not impossible to reach. It should be challenging enough to make you stretch, but not so far that you break." Rick Hansen

I've been working on these goals, some with more eagerness than others (that chore chart I'm dreading!). We made these goals the first night of class and we're just a month in. I've made progress. Check this out.

1.) I've started to read 2 books and I'm little less than 1/2 the way through with each. I need a suggestion on what to read for the third book. 

2.) I've not done so well on this, but I'm trying real hard. I love yoga and my balance ball. Try it!
3.) Recipes.. this one I've done well on. I love cooking and looking up recipes. I get most of mine off of my pinterest so you can go check all those out. It gets addicting - watch out.
4.) No chore chart, yet. We've come up with the chores that are going on it, but that's all for now. This one is Grant's favorite. =)
5.) Creating items. I do have items in mind, some I've made for Baby already. I've approached Grant about purchasing some supplies to really get started, but right now we need to focus on other things. This will come in the Lord's time if it is meant to be. 

"Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favor." Brian Tracy

"There is no achievement without goals." Robert J. McKaine

"People with goals succeed because they know where they're going." Earl Nightingale

"Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination." Fitzhugh Dodson


No comments:

Post a Comment